Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sore Legs


The price for being smug about a good recovery from a run is ... sore legs. I went out with the Ashburton Spring Trail Runners last Saturday- the spring referring to the season, as we  are ( barring one) more in the early autumn of our lives. The run was 17 .4 km with 866 metres of elevation up Woolshed Creek, past the disused Blackburn Coalmine and up to the saddle between Pinnacles Hut and Woolshed Creek hut. The day was windy but eventually warm . I have managed some runs  (notably my slowest flat 21km in 2 months) since and my legs have decided to let me know about it. I even rubbed canola oil into my knees. It didn't work.

These photos are from the archives as my camera battery was not charged up for this run. 

Looking towards the Arrowsmith Range. April 2006

These photos were respectively taken at the extremes of snow cover so if you half close your eyes and imagine the snow as being halfway between the two then you will have a close approximation to the conditions that we ran in.

Chrisanne and John toiling up the snowy track to Woolshed Creek  June 2004.



Kia Kaha.





No comments:

Post a Comment