Sunday, October 3, 2010

Change of scene


A steady amount of k's this week with 21km/10km/15km runs this week. On Thursday I was stalked by an escaped farm deer for about 6kms. This was a little unnerving as she would canter after me for about 100 metres then stop, sniff the air, snatch some grass , allow me the get ahead for a further100metres then catch up with me snorting and drumming her hooves on the ground. Then repeat. As I figured that there have been no reported cases of deer maulings outside of handling pens , I presumed its intentions were friendly.

This weekend saw me visiting North Canterbury for my daughter's soccer tournament.  I ran along New Brighton Beach both mornings so this provided a beautiful change of scene.


A washed up snapper marked my turnaround point on Saturday. Reminded me of the snapper and chips at the Kaiapoi WMC from the night before. 


This weeks plan is for most of my runs to be during the week as I am involved in a Masters Soccer tournament in Timaru next weekend.

All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment