Friday, September 24, 2010

Recovery and panic

Lighter mornings. Still chilly though.

Well at risk of tempting fate, I am delighted to have beaten 4 hours for the Abel Tasman! Must be a  combination of cunning, better familarity with the course and possibly doing more 15-20 km runs midweek in training rather than runnning more days for fewer km's. This week have run  a 20 km/10km/15 km run and pleasingly my legs have not been as stiff as previous years.

I sat down on Monday night to form a rough draft of my plan of attack for the Molesworth Run, which being 85km I basically thought of a 65km distance run on one day at the end of October and tried to work out  distances around this. This "panic" formula came up with me aiming for about 140 km per week , so back to the drawing board for this programme.  Apart from the distance the intimidating part of the Molesworth is the cut off time of 10 hours. Suffice the training programme is still a work in progress.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment