Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tapering again


The last 2 weeks have been a bit up and down as my long mileage weekend was tougher than expected. The training plan has been mostly adhered to  but I omitted one long 5 hour run at the end of  a 120 km week as I was just too stuffed! I think I have made up missing part of that with a few runs and mountain bike sorties in the Twizel area over Easter, although not for 5 hours. The picture above is of the Lower Hopkins Valley by Lake Ohau which is an area we have never been to before.

Fundraising has gone up to $3500 which is greatly appreciated given that every other run has coincided with an earthquake.

It has gone all frosty the last few days so have my dark morning runs have been at minus 2 with plenty thermals.

There are 2 weeks to the North Face 100 Blue Mountains Run. From here I will have a few 2hour max runs with 5-12km runs during the week. 

Kia Kaha

No comments:

Post a Comment