Monday, February 28, 2011

The Christchurch Earthquake

This week has been dominated by the devastating effects of the 6.3 "aftershock" on Tuesday 22nd February. Whilst weaker in energy , it caused many times more deaths and damage by being closer to the surface and  Christchurch  than the September 4th 7.1 Earthquake.

We are very thankful that our daughter , Chrisanne was safely evacuated from her school and promptly returned home. I wish that the same happy outcome could have been the case  for many others who were caught up in the tragedy, but that sadly was too often not the case, and there will be many difficult times ahead for the inhabitants. I have been so impressed though with every ones determination to remedy the immediate situation with the minimum of fuss to get the basics working again.

I have no pictures this week but I do have the website for the red cross if you wish to donate money to the recovery efforts.

www.redcross.org.nz/donate


I will manage to continue my running albeit with some juggling around the emergency events as they unfold.

Kia Kaha
Kia Kaha
Kia Kaha

No comments:

Post a Comment